The Florida Fire Marshals and Inspectors Association
in conjunction with Two Way Technology presents:
Distributed Antenna Systems Inspection and Compliance
2 hr. In Person Training
Click here for the FFMIA In Person Training Guidance
This course provides a next level look at DAS/BDA systems for the inspector in the field. The training will provide information and best practices at a practical level that will aid inspectors and Fire Marshals in their ability to inspect, assess and evaluate the compliance of these systems, recognize their components and be more confident and
The class objective is to provide a solid base of knowledge for non-industry professionals so that they will be more effective in understanding the technology involved, what to look for in design and operation and the safety benefits derived from these systems.
A better understanding of DAS/BDA systems to include:
- Understanding in-building radio coverage
- Signal strength in -dBm vs DAQ
- Best practices for the signal test report pre installation and post
- Reading the RSSI signal survey
- System types
- Identifying system hardware
- NFPA code coverage requirements
- The critical components to inspect
- Understanding the overall process that the integrator must go through from initiation to optimization and acceptance.
Two contact hours approved for Fire and Life Safety Educator, Fire Code Administrator, Fire Investigator I and II, Fire Safety Inspector I and II, and Instructor I, II, III with these courses.
Date: June 29th, 2021
Time: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm.
Location: East Manatee Fire Rescue Station 1, 3200 Lakewood Ranch Blvd., Bradenton, FL 34211
Cost: Free for members of the FFMIA
Not an FFMIA member? Complete the New Member application and pay the membership fee of $75.00 to be able to use the member rate.
Instructors: Lenn Marella
Lenn Marella - DAS/BDA Systems Manager, PartnerTwo Way Technology Systems Corp.
Lenn has 36 years experience in primarily mission critical wireless communications technologies including:
- 19 years with Motorola
- 17 years with various Motorola and Harris Affiliates
Technology applications and Market experience:
- DAS/BDA Systems
- Mission Critical Mobile Radio Systems
- Secure Communications Systems
- Mobile Data Communications Systems
- Fixed Data Communications Systems
- iDen/Nextel development Team
- Trunked Communications Systems (local and wide area)
- P25 Radio System
- Tactical / Satellite Communications
- Safety, Federal and Enterprise Markets
- Sales and Sales Management
- Market Development
Contact Person: Philip Oakes, Training Coordinator 307-433-8078 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
Eric Center, FFMIA Regional Director, 941-727-2076 or email@example.com
Class Numbers: 114248
Course Numbers: RN:16900