As a Fire Marshal or Fire Inspector, I am committed to serving the people of Florida through leadership in life safety through inspection, investigation, public education, code enforcement and code management. As such, I am bound by the ethical principals consistent with professional conduct and I shall:
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty and fortitude in all public activities to inspire public confidence and trust.
- Serve in such a way that I do not realize undue personal gain from the performance of my official duties.
- Avoid any interest or activity, which is, or may appear to be, in conflict with the conduct of my official duties.
- Support and promote the equitable treatment and service to all persons regardless of their personal traits.
- Accept the responsibility to maintain a knowledge of emerging issues and to administer the public’s business with professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strive for personal professional excellence and encourage the professional development of my associates and those seeking to enter the discipline of the Fire Marshal and Fire Inspector.